There are 3 routes to choose from with something to suit all abilities and ages. There is a 10 mile off road route which is great for beginners and families, a 25 mile route aimed at cyclists wanting to push themselves a bit a 60 mile route aimed at those a bit more experienced or people looking for a challenge.
This year sees the Dirt Divas partnering with the OutdoorDIVAS for a fun evening at the Cherry Creek store in Denver. There will be food (a chili sampling -- yum!), adult beverages, shwag, FUN, meeting with some of our sponsors, Silent Auction items, FUN, trying on kits for sizing for this year's jersey and shorts (NEW sponsors warrant a NEW jersey), FUN, socializing, signing up for the Race Team....OH, and did I mention FUN??!!
We have Destination Rides to attend; Social Rides for our local mountain bike pleasure and road rides for our Road contingent as well; a chance to participate in a locally known Race Team (for the fun of it); socials to, well, socialize at; opportunities to volunteer and overall, just be a great, beautiful group of ladies who love to ride their bikes!
- About to go LIVEhere. Should be worldwide.
- Next update here as live coverage gets underway.
- Jens Keukeleire won the 2010 edition and he is back to defend. Riders expected on the start line include: Keukeleire, Feillu R., Renshaw, Lewis, Pate, Traksel, Cappelle, Terpstra, Lund, Krivtsov, Mondory, Chainel, Casar, Hutarovich, Soupe, Vaugrenard, Casper, Bouyer, Chavanel Séb., Haddou.
- The GP Samyn is scheduled to depart Frameries at 12:30 CET (6:30am U.S. Eastern) and is expected to finish in Dour at around 17:16 CET (11:16am U.S. Eastern). A finishing circuit will see the peloton cross the finish line 5 times.
- The Grand Prix Samyn (Belgium, 193.1km) will be shown LIVE online Wednesday, with RTBF informing us that their feed will not be geo-restricted. Official websitehere Start listhere (.pdf)
Race start: 12:30pm CET (6:30am U.S. Eastern)
Live streaming video: 3:05pm CET (9:05am U.S. Eastern)
3 glorious rides (44 / 23 / 13 miles) through the quiet leafy lanes and charming villages of the North Downs of West Kent, but only 25 miles from London. Full back up, refreshments, lunch and tea. A wonderful day out for all, from experienced cyclist to a family outing.
- LIVEhere and here. To watch a feed in full screen, click the icon in the lower right corner of video window.
- Update: RTBF is geo-restricted, doesn't play even in France. Should be LIVEhere in a few minutes, with French commentary. May be geo-restricted but in the past changing your computer clock to CET time (see clock at right) sometimes allows you to watch.
- Not as fun as auto translation below, but the cyclingnews ticker is also now LIVEhere.
- "The riders have started without their ears" according to auto translation. The UCI has really gone too far this time! Also, "David Millar rides leak" which may or may not refer to a flat.
- Both tickers have dynamic profiles with time gaps.
- First ticker LIVEhere. Copy/paste ticker text here for translation.
- Next update Saturday as live coverage gets underway.
- For the SEVENTH consecutive year, you can watch and follow Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (formerly Het Volk) on cyclingfans.com.
- When you understand that guys like Flecha and Hushovd live for the cobbled classics, the anticipation just grows and will keep building through Paris-Roubaix.
- This is the season we've been waiting for and it all begins Saturday at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad. Flecha, Hushovd, Gilbert, Boonen, Devolder, Boasson Hagen, Van Summeren, Chavanel, Steegmans, Burghardt, Van Avermaet, Eisel, Degenkolb, Pozzato, Hoste, Boom, Cornu, Napolitano, Geslin, Guesdon, Casper, Engoulvent, De Kort, Voeckler.
- Expected options for live video feeds are listed at right.
- We will update here with the best and latest live feeds at broadcast time.
- Welcome to our live coverage guide for the 2011 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad.
Callander to Balquhidder / Killin Cycle
Date: Saturday 23 May 2011
Address: Callander, Stirlingshire FK17 8AX
Registration at 10am/10.30am
Price: GBP10 per adult and GBP5 per child then collect sponsorship.
Description: Cycle either Callander to Balquhidder (28 miles or turn around half way for a 15 miles ride) /Callander to Killin (50 miles) via Loch Lubnaig. The first route is also open to children and the second route is a little more challenging for more ambitious riders. Please arrive for a 10am start for the longer route and 10.30am start for the shorter route. An administration fee is payable upon entering and then we ask that you get as much sponsorship as possible to help continue the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Our first Grand Tour trip of 2011 will be the Giro d’Italia and the trips are now selling.
We have 2 trips for 2011. The first will be Macca’s 2011 Giro d’Italia Trip and we have only a few places left.
It’s 10 years since David McKenzie’s memorable solo breakaway and 2000 Giro d’Italia stage win in [...]
Charity Cycle Seahouses to Tynemouth priory 58 milesf beautiful northumbrian Coastline cycling through Warkworth by the castle Alnmouth Bay Amble Marina.
free refreshments Nike t-shirt and medal. Transport to/from start can also be booked.
Approximately 100 miles a day for 10 days.
Cycling from the most southern to the most northern point in the UK.
Days will consist of some short, hilly sections balanced with longer, flatter, less scenic routes.
Nights will be spent in hotels. All main meals, accommodation, snacks and support are covered in the min sponsorship.
Sports massage therapists 'Athletes Angels' will be on hand to offer free treatments throughout the challenge.
Cuba is an island of contrast - from the mountainous rainforests bursting with wildlife, to the preserved 1950s city streets. Get closer to the real Cuba and see the traditional island way of life.
Your challenge is to cycle 300km over five days through the countryside over varied terrain. This includes Cuba's famously potholed roads, which could be described as good quality off-road! Cycling brings you closer to the community than you could ever be if you were travelling by car or bus. It's a challenge to complete, but we're here to support you through your training and fundraising.
To secure your place, you just need to pay our GBP299 registration fee. All participants must then pledge to raise a minimum of GBP2,900 in sponsorship.
To request an application pack or 020 7932 1342 firstname.lastname@example.org
A fun 80 or 65 mile cycle ride for the benefit of The Childrens Trust. Full details of the event can be seen here on our website: http://www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/events.asp?itemid=2233&itemTitle=London+to+Canterbury+Cycle+Ride+2011§ion=217§ionTitle=events+%2D+use+the+filters+on+the+right+to+choose+an+event+date%2C+type+and+the+region+to+do+something%21&from=&to=&page=8
- ON DEMAND: Watch the 2011 edition of the Tour du Haut-Var, FULL TV broadcasts available: Stage 1 (01:36:22) -- Stage 2 (01:48:23) - Note: You can skip around the videos by clicking on the timeline to the right of the play/pause buttons at the bottom of the video page.
- Again, both stages of the Tour du Haut Var will be streamed LIVE this weekend. Profiles are below.
- Following on the heels of the Etoile de Bessèges and Tour Méditerranéen, I will once again be on site and will post some of my own photos from Tour du Haut Var as time permits. -Pete
- 2010 winner Christophe Le Mevel (Garmin-Cervelo) fractured his wrist at last week's Tour of the Mediterranean. But he will be racing this weekend according to L'Equipe. Among the riders expected to join Le Mevel on the start line: Daniel Martin, Peter Stetina and Andrew Talansky (Garmin), Nocentini (AG2R), Fedrigo (FDJ), Bouyer (Europcar), Moncoutie and Dumoulin (Cofidis), Arroyo (Movistar), Anton (Euskaltel), Noval, Porte and Gustov (Saxo Bank), Coppel (Saur-Sojasun), Sprick (Skil-Shimano), Bodrogi, Bertogliati and Reijnen (Team Type 1), Calzati (Bretagne Schuller), Blain, Clarke, Mandri, Camano, Bauer (Endura Racing), Baumann and Cozza (Team Netapp).
- ON DEMAND: Watch the 2010 edition of the Tour du Haut-Var, FULL TV broadcasts available: Stage 1 (01:08:34) -- Stage 2 (01:26:11)
- The 2011 Tour du Haut Var (France) is this weekend, February 19-20. There will once again be live streaming video.