We are currently building up a new team within Peak that is working on a product destined to disrupt the way humans learn. Learning & progressing are at the core of Peak's vision and this product has the potential to positively affect the learning aspirations of billions of people on the planet. We know it may take years to create the impact that we are aiming for, but we believe that an autonomous team working passionately and progressively for the same goal can achieve extraordinary outcomes. In the most simple sense, we believe this is how we can create products that change the world.
We are looking for a fresh graduate Research Engineer in NLP/Speech Recognition to join our newly formed team to create a world-class product. The product at its core will be utilising cutting edge technologies that apply automated speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding, text-to-speech (TTS), and conversational AI. We believe that conversation-based communication is the most ideal way of interacting with technology and every advancement in this area has the potential to touch billions of people's lives.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Researching, designing, creating and optimizing algorithms/models that can be deployed to production.
- Creating and using large-scale datasets to be applied on ASR and TTS fields.
- Collaborating with other speech recognition experts and researchers on implementing algorithms.
- Measuring and optimizing the quality of your algorithms.
- Working closely together with the product team on developing systems from prototyping to production level.
Desired skills and experiences
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Speech/Language Processing or Machine Learning.
- Broad interest in one or more of the following areas: automated speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding, speech synthesis/TTS, and conversational AI.
- Knowledge in C/C++ and Python.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
Working at Peak
- Fast-paced environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture.
- Never-ending learning and development opportunities.
- Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Team events and trips.
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback.
- Full health benefits.