As a member of our Big Data Engineering team you’ll get the opportunity to work with data at incredible scale that helps us improve the quality of our products. Peak’s Big Data Platform fuels the process of data-driven decisions by utilising the latest big data tech stack to collect and process terabytes of incoming data on a daily basis. Our team of experienced software engineers is building large distributed systems and developing real-time services to complete the data needs.
In this role you’ll equally touch software development, data processing and service operations while working closely with our development teams. We’re looking for a dedicated software engineer to help us process terabytes of data into well-designed, high-quality batch and real-time services that are the foundation of product-related decisions at Peak.
It’s a great time to join our team as we just started working on major changes on the infrastructure, including dockerizing our architecture and other exciting stuff that we’ll find on the way.
As a Peak Big Data Platform Engineer you will
- Develop and maintain distributed Big Data services, components and tools
- Build real-time systems and tools in Java/Go/Python to support all of our products
- Design and build data processing architecture in AWS
- Build an automated and scalable data pipeline
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to collect and process very large amounts of data, including streaming real-time data
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a related field of study)
Areas in which you'll continue to grow
- Golang, Java, Python
- Linux and SQL
- Open source technologies
- Writing scalable, maintainable, performant, and resilient code
- Working with continuous delivery processes with an emphasis on automation
Working at Peak
- Fast-paced environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture.
- Never-ending learning and development opportunities.
- Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Team events and trips.
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback.
- Full health benefits.