We are looking for a Software Engineer, Backend Engineer to join our Engineering Team. We are on a quest to reach hundreds of millions of people, making our products part of their daily lives. We believe the only way to achieve this is to maintain our culture of continuously learning together, evolving and striving for the best. If you are a good engineer and value a holistic and technology-agnostic approach to software engineering, we’d like to hear from you.
Here’s what you will be doing
- Crafting and maintaining backend services, you will be responsible for backend (server-side) projects
- Designing and implementing highly scalable, low latency services, and managing API’s and tools required to support new game and platform functionality and releases
- Building out and improving backend services in Java
- While having your focus maintaining on the backend, you’ll be working on all phases of mobile game development, including client-side
- Maintaining and enhancing existing code base using best practices in Software Engineering
- Brainstorming new ideas with your team to continually iterate and improve the user experience of our games
- Monitoring the system and implementing and checking features, through collaboration with game players
- Securing and improving game performance, reliability and security
Desired skills and experiences
- University degree in Computer Science or any equivalent department
- Experience in Java Spring Boot based software development and backend systems
- Having experience in casual mobile games is a big advantage
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with Memcache, Redis, Elasticsearch and Docker is a plus
- Strong engineering skills and programming fundamentals
- Apart from language and technology, an understanding of software architecture design, OOP and principles of design patterns on various scales
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for developing, releasing, and maintaining high-quality code
Working at Peak
- Fast-paced environment with a tight-knit and collaborative culture.
- Never-ending learning and development opportunities.
- Relevant conferences abroad to stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Team events and trips.
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and regular feedback.
- Full health benefits.